May 20, 2012

Salma Hayek Makeup

Another post on olive skinned Hollywood women! I found this picture of Salma Hayek. Its from a photo shoot for some Magazine.



I'm not sure which magazine this was for, but her makeup is just GORGEOUS isn't it? It such a nice look for her skin tone. Fun, vivid and yet not too overboard. I would say it's a pretty wearable look for really dressy occasions like weddings (you know how Indian weddings are, 100 different affairs).. Here's a close-up of her face:


So here's a simple and easy tutorial showing you how to achieve this look:

1. Start with your regular foundation routine. Fill in your brows (if necessary) and apply primer to your eyelid. Use a heavy duty one for this look, or simply apply a very thin layer of Vaseline to your eyelid.








2. Use a bright bubble gum pink on your eyelid. Stay within the crease line, and extend it outwards as if you are creating a wing. In this look, the eyeshadow colors are very solid, so layer on the color. That is why I mentioned a heavy duty primer.








3. Use a hot purple color above the pink. This color will partly visible above the crease line. Extend this color out too, and using an ear bud or Q Tip dipped in makeup remover (you can even use cleansing milk or moisturizer) Sharpen the wing created with the two colors.







4. Take an angled brush, eyeliner brush or any tiny brush that you have, and apply a bright sky blue color on your inner corner. Pull it down while making a small cat eye wing. Again, use an ear bud or Q tip to sharpen the shape.








5. Highlight your brow bone and line your eyes with liquid eyeliner. I have used black, but you may also try a dark purple, midnight blue or dark brown eyeliner. Just make sure that you use a liquid or gel liner, not pencil, because the line need to be sharp and crisp. Create a wing inside and outside like so. I lined my waterline with kajal, but you could also use a white pencil to make your eyes look bigger and brighter. Finish off with Mascara.





6. To finish off the look i used a peachy blush on my cheeks and lip color. In the photo her lips look like they are stained and a gloss has been used. I don't own that particular color so i custom made the color for myself. I used a lip balm on my lips, and patted in a bright pink eyeshadow. Then i topped that with my red lipstick (I did not directly apply, but used my finger to give a very thin cover) and blended. Finished off with clear gloss.





Personally, I really like the bright colors on my dusky skin tone. Because of the bubble gum pink, this combo will look very pretty on fair skinned people too, but I recommend using a baby pink blush instead of a peach one. Here are some more photos of the completed look!


 









No comments:

Post a Comment